Sleep has always been important while giving rest to the body. The proper sleep has loads of benefits in health while it will give you constant energy to fight the next morning battle. The adequate quality sleep is important to improve your concentration, memory, mood and balance energy levels. While, it also helps in control of weight, immunity and even tends to increase your overall lifespan. But with all these living things going on in our everyday life, people normally tend to have less sleep and enough stress, which simply hampers the overall health. The regular sleep schedule is one of the best ways to get out of this trouble and have sound sleep all night.
How to have regular sleep schedule?
Well, its deep and it’s quite weird to states that our body has inner scheduler and hardwired known as circadian clock which deals with sleep. The actual intention of these clocks is to calculate the sleeping time and benefits you accordingly. However, the less sleep effects the whole time cycle which shows effects in the next morning and the whole day. So here are some of the steps which we can follow to have regular sleep schedule.
- Consistency: No matter what you do all day, you must have consistency for bedtime and wake up time. The more you stick with them the more you have positive results. Go to the bed at the same time and wake up at the same time. According to the University of Rochester Medical Center, your body is getting cue that it’s time to fall asleep. While, your body will be ready for the bed, try to go for some relaxation music, it will help you to fall asleep pretty soon.
- Make Adjustments at the starter: If you have no time of sleeping and you seek the regular sleep schedule then just don’t jump into the schedule in a single night. At first, go for adjustment. For instance, if you’re time for sleeping is generally the mid-night, then set the alarm of 11:45 in the first night. Since, your giving signal to your brain and making some adjustment, lesser the time i.e. 11:30, 11:15 and then 10:00, so that you will be on track in a couple of days.
- Morning Light: Since, your body internal clock is highly sensitive to light and darkness, the first doze of the natural morning lights will help to wake up. The process is quite effective to reset your evening clock and start the day. Meditation, relaxation music, work out or nice cup of coffee would be better to start your day.
- Nightlights: Like the above, the inner clock is highly sensitive to lights. The bright lights in the evening give the signal to the brain that you must stay awake. After the right time, make your place pretty dim and adjust the time accordingly, so that you will fall asleep in your regular sleep schedule. In the contrary, avoid computers, tablets, cell phones and TV at least an hour before bed time.
- Snooze Button: Normally, we have the habits of setting alarm and never waking up at the first alarm and keep on snoozing the alarm button. This is bad for the health and for your sleep cycle, while the sleep after the first alarm isn’t high quality as well. Though, it’s pretty hard to wake up and it takes time to adjust the rhythm at first. But setting alarm after seven to nine hours of quality sleep will help you to wake up naturally. The regular and beneficial sleep cycle of humans are generally seven to nine hours.
- Food before bedtime: The sleep cycle is also sensitive with foods and it determines the level of sleep accordingly. Though, it’s not a good idea to go for bed empty stomach, however having loads of food before bedtime is also irrelevant. Having the schedule food time and sleep cycle keeps your body in track and avoidance of alcohol, smoke and caffeine will provide quality of sleep. Try to eat at least two to three hours before bedtime, so that by the time you’re all set to go for quality sleep.
- Daytime Naps: It’s a well-known fact that the afternoon naps will give you enough energy to deals with your hardworking life. It simply recharges the whole energy level and makes you ready to fight and stand again. However, the oversleep in daytime naps will hinder your late night sleep. The brain gives you the signal that it’s the main sleep and it simply affects your overall routine. The 20 minutes of daytime naps are set to be the right time for daytime naps.
- One Shift: Well, it’s hard for everyone to have one shift job. This is life and everyone has their own personal reasons to work overnight and two shifts. Working on two shifts will have adverse effects on your health and sleep cycle. However, we have to be effective and aware while setting the sleep cycle. For the people who have an overnight duty, wear sunglasses while you walk in the morning and don’t take it out until you reached the home. It will help to balance the bright morning lights. Likewise, adjust the room lights, make it dark and go for a sleep and make sure that you will have at least seven to nine hours of proper sleep.