Organic food has been currently gaining worldwide attention, and everyone wants to know about its benefits. It is produced by the intense method, complying with the standards of organic farming. Within the last two decades, it has become the use of organic food is in the hype. While the whole world is realizing, the idea, concept and benefits of organic food. In addition, people are conscious about their precision health and they tend to spend a healthy life. In comparison to other food, this food is very healthy and tastes even better. Basically, most of the organic foods are produced without using any harmful chemicals like fertilizers and pesticides. Organic farming tends to develop soil quality and the preservation of groundwater. It also helps in reducing pollution and is very good for the environment. Fruits, vegetables, dairy products, grains and meat are the most generally purchased organic foods.
Health Benefits of Organic food
Just like the above, Organic food serves itself superior to non-organic foods. It’s the product of the organic farming, while the use of organic farming techniques preserves products nutrients elements. Whereas, the handling and the natural variation of the product, it is regarded as the healthy food on the plate. Among several benefits, some of them are listed below:
- Organic foods have more antioxidants and vitamins: Researcher has found that organic foods have more antioxidants and vitamins like vitamin C, iron (3, 4, 5, 6) and Zinc. The organically grown foods have rich antioxidants which help to prevent cancer, premature ageing, cognitive malfunction, heart disease and vision problems.
- Immune system: Organic food helps in increasing immunity power in the body, as it does not contain any harmful chemical which affects the immune system.
- Organic food contains lower nitrate levels: According to the research, organically produced foods and crops have lower levels of nitrate. Organic crop contains 30% lower levels of nitrate. Higher levels of nitrate increase the risk of certain types of cancer.
- Organic dairy products and meat have a more favourable fatty acid profile: A study has found that organic dairy products contain higher levels of omega-3 fatty acids and higher amount of iron and vitamin E. it has some carotenoids (7, 9) too. Though it has a higher amount of iron and vitamin, it has fewer amounts of minerals than in non-organic milk. Selenium and iodine are the two minerals that are found in non-organic milk, which is very much essential for human health. In terms of organic meat, a research has found that the organic meat contains higher levels of omega-3 fatty acids and also has a slightly lower level of saturated fats than non-organic meat. Omega-3 fatty acid has many health benefits and it also helps in reducing the risk of heart disease.
- Healthy life and body: Since the organic food does not contain any kind of harmful chemicals, it is very much healthy for the human body. The use of Fertilizers or chemicals may work perfectly in the production of food, but it will be harmful when consumed.
- Better taste: According to the people who consume organic food states that the organic food tastes much better than the regular foods. The reason for better taste, maybe the process of producing the organic food and its means of production.
We can buy organic food directly from the organic farm, local organic food markets, retail chains like Walmart, departmental stores, health food stores or we can also order it online. Organic foods have the logo as every company has to follow certain norms and criteria. While the hard organic farming product is quite higher than the normal foods.
10 fruits and vegetables that you should be bought organic
- Hot pepper