Today everyone is concern towards health so it has become a big question for everyone on maintaining calories on food. To solve your queries on health for frequently searching on google, here I am going to provide info on How Many Calories Should I Eat? to maintain sound health and lose weight.
How Many Calories Should I Eat?
A Calorie is a unit that measures energy and is usually used to measure the energy content of foods and beverages. So, to maintain or lose weight corresponding increase or decrease in a number of calories play a vital role. To be slim and maintain sound health, sufficient amount of calories are needed. The number of calories that you need depends on few things like:
- Age, height, and gender
- Current weight
- Daily activity level
- Metabolic health and several others.
In detail, activity levels are very light, light, moderate and heavy. That means
- Most of the day sitting at home, a little slow walking, light household chores etc.
- It is mostly sedentary, standing or slow walking, but including about 2 hours a day of further activity like heavy housework, gardening etc.
- It contains work like swimming and dancing; it is related to some occupational walking and exercise.
- It includes a high level of activity for both at work and in leisure hours.
It is found that an average woman needs to eat about 2000 calories per day to maintain and 1500 calories to lose one pound of weight per week. Likewise, an average man needs 2500 calories to maintain and 2000 to lose one pound of weight per week. There are many online calorie calculators available, you can check how many calories you need to maintain or lose weight based on your age, sex, weight, height, and activity. Not only this, it can also provide some guideline if you want to gain or lose weight. So, it’s easy and simple to calculate simply being at home. Furthermore, it keeps track of your weight loss and calories required. The less you weight, the fewer calories you will need to take in for weight loss to continue. This is reflected in the calculator with the corresponding calorie intake on a weekly basis. There are also certain colors like red, yellow which indicates different meaning; negative (-) values are shown in red i.e. trying to lose 50 pounds in 1 week is not possible. Values in yellow indicate a very low-calorie intake.
Note: You should not eat below 1200 calories for female and 1600 calories for male as a rule of thumb.
Lose weight and its technique
Who wants to be fatty, obviously nobody wants. Everyone wants to be slim and fit, so proper maintaining of calorie is needed to lose weight. That means you must eat fewer calories than you use each day to lose weight. But be careful; diets usually under 800 to 1,000 calories per day may cause negative side effects like constipation, nausea, diarrhea, fatigue etc. Rapid weight loss can also cause gallstones. This risk is typically high for women.
There are following important factors for reducing calories through diet like Exercise, Change your diet, and reduce your portion sizes, avoid sugary soft drinks, and use more water.
Exercise is the most important things to keep you fit and burn your excess calories and reduce your overall calorie intake. It can also be just as beneficial to incorporate incidental exercise throughout your day.
Change your everyday habits:
- Use stairs rather than an elevator.
- Park your car at the far end of the carpark when doing your weekly shopping.
- Get off the bus, tram or subway a stop earlier and walk to your destination.
Intense targeted workouts:
- Do swimming, circuit, cycling, weight training and running.
- Join and play a team sport weekly
Change your Diet:
Changing diet is the most significant way to lose weight. For this, look at current diet and change towards healthy and filling foods. Try to avoid fatty, deep fried and foods full of sugar to lose weight. Avoid complex carbohydrates rich food like natural oatmeal, potatoes, and brown rice; vegetables like broccoli, spinach, cauliflower, radishes, asparagus etc; lean proteins like chicken, turkey, egg whites, lean red meat, and fish etc. This will increase your calorie without feeling your hunger, so avoid these foodstuffs as far as possible to lose weight.
Reduce your portion sizes:
Mostly we consume food more in general. So try to use a small plate to consume food. In a small plate, a quantity of food will be less and you would consume fewer calories. Furthermore, the food that you consume has to be eaten slowly to digest. If you eat faster, you would eat too much food than your body need.
Don’t eat food if you are not hungry and choose food that keeps you fuller for longer.
Avoid Sugary Soft Drinks:
- Eliminate liquid sugar calories from your diet
- It includes sodas, fruit juices, chocolate milk, and other beverages that have sugar in them.
Drink more water
- Drinking more water can increase the number of calories burning.
- Drink about 2 liters of water per day can burn about 96 more calories per day.
- Drinking water before a meal can reduce hunger and make you automatically eat fewer calories.
- In one study, it is found that drinking a half liter of water a half hour before meal made people lose 44% more weight over a period of 12 weeks.
In this way, you can reduce intake without starving yourself and maintain sound health. A slim body has also importance in the medical point of view:
- Make longer life
- Lower risk of disease
- More energy consumes and feels relax and comfortable in every environment.
- Make you smart and attractive
In contrary, if you want to increase your weight then increase your calories and do just against I have mentioned earlier things. You can even take more rest, do less work, and consume more food, in this way you can increase your weight. Similarly, hereditary factors also affect you a lot.
However, as a medical point of view, it is always better to use fewer calories and make your body slim since it reduces all sorts of futuristic possible health hazards.