Almonds are a highly rich nutrients food that provides numerous health benefits. Packed with amusing ingredients, almonds are considered to be one of the earliest domesticated tree nuts. The crunchy famous snacks are the excellent source of Vitamin E, Fiber, Phosphorus, Copper and Riboflavin. Especially found in places like Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Turkey, Syria, Jordan and Israel, almonds have been garnished with Zinc, Selenium and niacin. Almonds which has special places on every meal diet have great medicinal value. Along with the good taste, they are frequently used as a healthy solution for relief from several health issues and condition.
Health Benefits of Almonds
The rich nuts generally have sweet taste and that might be the strong reason for its being almost every one favourites. Here are some of the proven and verified health benefits of almonds which will surely make you add some extra of it in your everyday diet.
- Worthy of your brain: Almonds have those nutrients which will help in the development and health of the human brain. Being garnished with two vital brain nutrients, riboflavin and L-Carnitine, it helps to increase brain activity. In addition, it helps to prevent the occurrence of Alzheimer’s disease. Furthermore, the use of almonds and almonds oil massage in your head increase the performance of overall nervous systems. Even, two or three pieces of soaked almonds are enough to increase and growth of the children. It can be used by all different age groups, while the use of almonds will benefit the young’s and children more.
- Control of Cholesterol: The regular use of almonds increase the level of high-density lipoproteins (HDL) which help to reduce the level of low-density lipoproteins (LDL). The balance between these two elements controls the overall cholesterol level.
- Stronger Bones: Different aged group’s people can take the benefits of almonds as they are nourished with rich vitamins, mineral and phosphorous. Vitamins and Minerals have different health benefits whereas, Phosphorous helps in the durability of bones and teeth. In addition, it also helps to prevent the onset of age-related conditions like osteoporosis.
- Healthy Hearts: As the almonds have a greater amount of rich nutrients, it is taken as one of the important health ingredients to improve your heart health. Vitamin E contained in it has been proven shield for heart attacks. While Folic acid helps to reduce the level of homocysteine. In addition, flavonoids along with Vitamin E acts as a force to stop any damage occurred against the artery wall. Meanwhile, the rich almonds help to reduce oxidative stress and overall prolong the life of the heart.
- Increase the strength of Immune System: Almonds is the great resources for alkali materials which on other hand is best known as the strength of the immune system. Almonds not only increases the immune system but also helps to fight against severe fatal diseases including heart attack and cancer. The regular use of almonds and gaining Vitamin E has 30% to 40% less chance to come contact with heart disease.
- Skin Care: As we may have noticed the advertisement of cosmetic products and involvement of almonds in it. As a fact, almonds act as a protective measure against damage skins. Almond oil massages to the newborn babies are very effective. While the use of almonds in soap helps to clear the several problems of skins.
- Anti-Inflammation: We generally take the word “Fat” in a very negative way. However, there is a great significance of fat in our body. Since our body cannot produce its own fatty acids, it has to be fulfilled with a nourishing diet such as Almonds. Almonds are rich in both linoleic and linolenic acids which are both important fatty acids. This acid helps to reduce inflammation all around the body. Meanwhile, the consumption of almonds also reduce bad cholesterol (LDL cholesterol) and provide healthy skin and hair.
- Blood pressure: If you’re one of the patients of blood pressure, then having a couple of almonds on a diet will surely benefit you. The presence of potassium helps in the regulation of blood while the low amount of sodium helps to control the fluctuation of blood pressure. It deals with various other factors which cause the increment of blood pressure.
- Energy booster: Ever wonder why almonds are famous in chocolates? It’s because it contains manganese, copper and Riboflavin which helps in energy production and increase metabolic rate.
- Prevents Cancer: The use of almonds prevents colon cancer. The research carried out by National Cancer Center stated that the almonds contain high-fibre diets and it reduces the risk of having colon cancer.
- Diabetes: Almonds assist in reducing the reactionary rise in glucose and insulin levels after heavy meals. The use of almonds after dinner prevents the rise of the high level of sugar while it absorbs the glucose and also helps in metabolism process.
- Good for Pregnant women: Almonds contain folic acids which reduce the birth defects in newborn babies. The use of almonds by pregnant women also stimulates healthy cell growth and tissue formation. Even, almonds are great for newborn babies as it helps to develop tissues and give proteins. In another word, Almonds is one of the important diets for pregnant women.
- Weight Loss: The benefits of having almonds in a daily diet is it helps to maintain ideal weight. The unsweetened almond milk controls the weight loss as the mono-unsaturated fat contained in it satisfies the appetite and prevents overeating. The study reveals that the people who regularly use almonds have ideal weight compare to people who never consume it.
- Prevents constipation: Until the end, we have already know that almonds are rich in fibre and possess numerous rich ingredients. These rich elements prevent constipation while the use of adequate water after it speeds up the digestive process. Similarly, it also prevents the risk of Alzheimer’s disease and other several health issues.
Though the almonds benefit you in several ways, however, everything has their own downside. Just like the over-consumption of nutrition causes other malnutrition, the overuse of almonds also lead to a host of different health issues. Almonds also contain oxalates and the excessive amount of oxalates can cause crystallization. People who have kidney or gallbladder problems should avoid the consumption of almonds.