Garlic is one of the most commonly used ingredients in dishes. It is extremely healthful and popular spice all around the world. The scientific name of Garlic is Allium Sativum. It gives a great taste of food. It is not only used as spices or for taste, it is also popular for its health benefits. This is popular since the ancient times for its health benefits and has been highly consumed since then all around the world. Though people highly use it for the ingredients in many dishes, many people are unaware of its health benefits.
Information for health benefits of garlic:
Health Benefits of Garlic
Here, We are going to list out some of the health benefits which are provided by these white pods.
- Boosts immune system of the body, anti-infection: Garlic is quite popular for its anti-infection uses and the power to boost the immunity system of the body. It consists of antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral properties which stand against all the infections.By just rubbing the raw chopped garlic on the infected area skin infections, which are caused by the bacteria, fungi, yeast or virus can be normally treated. “Ajoene” is one of the substances that is found in the Allium Sativum and it helps in the prevention of the infections which is caused by the yeast Candida albicans. Crushed garlic helps in the prevention of the infection in patients with burns caused by the bacteria Pseudomonas aeruginosa. It contains a high level of vitamin C and potassium.
- Cancer-fighting food: Garlic is one of powerful cancer-fighting food. According to many research, it has played a vital role in fighting and preventing cancer. As it boosts in the production of hydrogen sulfide, it is very effective in preventing various cancers such as prostate cancer, breast cancer, and colon cancer. As per the study of the National Cancer Institute, eating 10 grams of garlic or onion every day could reduce the risk of prostate cancer. According to the research, it is also found that it reduces the risk of esophageal and stomach cancers. The more consumption of garlic reduced the risk of cancer.
- Great for detoxification: Another health benefit of garlic is, it is very useful for detoxification. As the Allium Sativum contains numerous sulfuric compounds which are known for activating the liver enzymes that are in charge of expelling toxins from the body. It maintains the liver healthy.
- Fights inflammation: Allium Sativum consists of the anti-inflammatory compounds which are beneficial for the musculoskeletal system and respiratory system. As we have mentioned in above benefits that garlic is rich in sulfur compounds and diallyl sulfide and thiacremonone are the two sulfuric compounds that prevent the inflammation.
- Helps to grow hair: Allium Sativum helps to treat the hair loss problem as it has very high levels of allicin. Allicin is a sulfur compound which is very similar to that in onions. It is very effective to control hair loss problem. Rubbing the slice of garlic on the scalp and squeezing it is very beneficial for hair loss problem.
- Helps to clear acne: Another benefit of garlic is it helps in clearing acne. As it not the main ingredient of the acne medication that is found at the drugstore, but Allium Sativum is also a natural medication to send away unpleasant blemishes. Rubbing a sliced Allium Sativum on the pimple will be very effective as it kills the bacteria with its antioxidants.
- Prevents and treats cold: As we have known that garlic helps in boosting the immunity power of the body, so when the immunity power is boosted then we can prevent cold and many other diseases. If we get caught by cold, then we can have Allium Sativum tea, which helps in treating the cold.
- Reduce or control weight: According to some nutritionists, garlic helps to control the body weight. In a research, it is found that the person who eats a garlic-rich diet daily has low fats in the body. Allium Sativum regulates the configuration of fat cells in the body by converting pre-adipocytes to adipocytes by preventing the alteration.
- Mosquito repellent: It isn’t sure why the mosquitoes don’t seem to like the garlic. According to the research done in various countries and places, mosquitoes didn’t bother the people who rubbed garlicky blends on their body parts. Placing a clove of it nearby the sleeping has been quite effective in keeping the mosquitoes away.
- Keeps blood pressure level in control: Garlic is very effective in controlling the blood pressure level in the human body. The sulfur compound “Allicin” blocks the activity of angiotensin II and helps in reducing blood pressure. Angiotensin II is a protein which is responsible for increasing the blood pressure level. So adding it to the daily meals will be very effective for controlling the blood pressure.
- Helps to protect the heart: Garlic helps to maintain the elasticity in the arteries, which we tend to lose with our age. The sulphuric compounds that are available in it, helps to prevent the blockage of blood vessels. It slows the development of atherosclerosis.
- Reduces cholesterol: Another health benefit of garlic is it helps in reducing cholesterol level in the body. The allicin in it helps to lower the cholesterol level.
- Gives a boost to the sex life: The aphrodisiac components which are highly present in garlic helps in the increment of the circulation and intensifying an orgasm.
- Reduces a toothache: Garlic has also been used as the home remedy for a toothache for years. Allicin is released when it is crushed and it helps in slowing the bacteria upon application and ingestion. Applying the crushed clove of Allium Sativum in the affected area will effectively help in reducing the toothache. Repeating the process of application for a few days will help to cure the ache.
- Helps to beat iron deficiency and anaemia: Garlic consists of diallyl sulfide helps in increasing the production of ferroportin and improves iron metabolism. All of these helps in preventing iron deficiency and diseases like anaemia.