Having difficulty in bowel evacuation ? Or incomplete or insufficient bowel movements ? This is nothing other than constipation. Constipation is not a disease but a symptom. Constipation is a symptom of the body, where the bowel movements are either infrequent, or hard to expel. People feel constipated if their bowel movements are not sufficient during the day, or they have a sensation of incomplete bowel evacuation.
It is important to understand the major cause of constipation problem.
Causes of constipation are as follows:
- Low fiber diet: Intake of food that has low fiber content can cause constipation as fiber is responsible for a healthy digestive system.
- Lack of sufficient water intake which is a major cause, as less water in the body hampers the digestion process.
- Psychological blocks: Some people cannot let go of the past or bad experiences easily. This resistance reflects upon the body, which in turn finds it difficult to let go of waste matter.
- Increase in acidity.
- Undigested food causes constipation.
- Indigestion increases the stomach heat which could also result in pimples and acne. Treating stomach heat could help in reducing constipation.