Avocado is a widely popular and unique fruit. It is unique because of its shape and colour while, it’s famous with the name alligator pear. It has an unbelievable amount of nutrients which are precisely essential for human body. The rich fruit nowadays is used to cure several health problems, while it is widely used in beauty products such as hair conditioners, bath oils and face creams. The fruit is used for both inner relief of the disease and outer skin problems. It is very rich in carbohydrates and contains monounsaturated fats. Its texture is very creamy and smooth. Furthermore, avocado contains lots of fibre, minerals like potassium and copper. While it has abundant vitamins including Vitamin K, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and Vitamin B.
Health Benefits of Avocado
The healthy fruit is one of the best athlete diets, as it helps in weight loss. Accounting its early history, the fruit was first discovered by the Mesoamericans and since then the fruit has been a part of the Mexican diet. In the 16th century, Europeans ate the avocado for the first time and they were Spanish explorers. The Spanish explorers gave their own word for the fruit and they called it “aguacate”. The excellent elements in terms of healthy life and lifestyle have numerous benefits, some of them have been listed below.
- Anti-ageing: One of the benefits of avocado is anti-ageing. It helps in the treatment of reducing wrinkles. Mashed avocado flesh can be applied as a facial mask. The fruit contains antioxidants, which helps in reducing the appearance of the wrinkles and detoxify the body.
- Avocado juice for healthy skin: Drinking a cup of avocado juice a day helps to nourish and protect skin from the inside out giving a healthy and glowing complexion. Since the fruit is rich in vitamins, it will help in re-invigorating dull and dry skin.
- Revitalizes scalp: As we have mentioned above, avocado is also used in the hair conditioner as it helps in treating dry and itchy scalp. The amino acid and protein, which is in the fruit will penetrate the scalp and heals, nourishes and improves the overall condition of the scalp and hair.
- Avocado oil for frizzy hair treatment: Avocado oil is best for the treatment of damaged and frizzy hair.
- Best anti-dandruff: Not only the fruit has its uses, but also its seeds are useful. Avocado’s seeds can be made powder and be used as a natural dandruff treatment. It has been used in many countries and still many people are using it while many are still unknown about its benefits.
- Avocado hair mask: The mixture of a ripe avocado, mixed with one egg yolk and a tablespoon of coconut oil can be used as a hair mask which very helpful for getting shiny hair.
- Reduces bad breath: Drinking avocado juice will help to cleanse the mouth and intestine. It helps to remove the microbes which cause the bad breath.
- Natural sunscreen: Persea Americana oil works as a natural sunscreen and is very effective. It will help to protect skin from the harmful UVA and UVB rays of the sunlight. Its ointment can be helpful in restoring the damage which is caused by spending a long time in the sun.
- Treats skin conditions: As we have mentioned above, avocado is very rich in fats and its healthy fats help in moisturisation of skin and reduce any kind of inflammation. It gives beautiful, healthy and glowing skin.
- Hand scrub: Persea Americana helps to exfoliate and moisturize hands. The mixture of mashed avocado and sugar will help in removing the dead skin cells from hands.
- Soothing shaving cream: Avocado flesh is used in many shaving cream products.
- Lowers the cholesterol: It’s another benefit is, it helps in lowering the cholesterol level and keeps the cardiovascular system in good order.
- Improves digestion: It helps in better digestion. Eating Persea Americana a day helps to absorb the nutrients that are required for the body to function effectively.
- Best food for pregnant woman: As the fruit is fully loaded with folic acid, it is a good food for the pregnant woman. Folic acid is very essential for forming baby’s nervous system and brain.
- Reduces chances of developing some cancers: It reduces the risk of some cancers. The oilic acid, which is found in the fruit helps to prevent the breast cancer and mouth cancer too.
- Treatment of diabetes: It helps to regulate the blood sugar levels. The fruit is very rich in fats and those fats help to reduce insulin resistance in the body.
- Reduces high blood pressure: The amount of potassium and fats in avocado helps in reduction of high blood pressure. Its juice is very good for the treatment of hypertension.