Advantages of Yogasanas for a Stomach disorder, diabetes, obesity are as follows:
- Lie flat on you back and join your feet, join your hands with your body on both side and keep your palms down.
- Inhale and raise your legs together, starting with 30 degrees, then with 60 degrees then with 90.
- Raise your feet upwards and close your eyes or concentrate on your toes.
- As you drop your legs slowly, keep them straight to bring it to the ground.
- You can place your hands on the ground to assist you.
Point To remember:
Whatsoever time you spend doing Sarvangasan, as much time should be spent doing Sawasan in order to give your tensed muscles the proper rest they need.
- It activates your thyroid gland and decreases obesity, weakness and fatigue. It strengthens the reproductive organs of men and women.
- It activates the adrenal gland.
- Its beneficial for the people suffering with Asthma.
- It strengthens your shoulders.
- As the pituitary glands are activated through this asana, it increases the chances of your physical growth (Height).
- Lie down on your back, palms facing down, legs straight and feet joined.
- Inhale and raise your legs to about 30 degrees in the air. Hold and remain in this position for a while.
- Slowly drop your legs back to the ground. Rest for a while and repeat the whole process …to be continued
Halasan (Ploug Asana)
- Lie down flat on your back. Inhale and raise your legs to 30 degrees , then 60 then 90.
- Raise your back after your legs and as you exhale, bring your legs behind your head.
- Touch your toes to the ground behind your head, breathe normally and place your hands either behind your back or flat on the ground. The latter is advised.
- Remain in this position for 30 seconds.
- Bring your legs back to the normal position in the same way you took them behind your head. You can take help of your hands here.
- It makes the spinal cord flexible and strengthens the frontal body muscles.
- It keeps the thyroid gland healthy, and removes weakness from the body.
- Indigestion, lower abdomen gastritis, liver increment, constipation heart diseases etc are removed through this asana.
- Decreases the chances of Diabetes.
- Its beneficial in Dysmenorrhea.
- Do not do this if you have Enlarged Liver.
- Do not do this if you are suffering from high blood pressure, cervical, or spinal diseases.
- Do not do this if you ave slipdisc, Tuberculosis in the spinal column.
Karnapidasan (Ear Pain Asan)
Just like Halasan, take your legs behind your head, but bend your knees to touch your ears.
The advantages are similar to Halasan and it is also beneficial for the diseases of the ear.
Naukasan (Boat Asan)
- Lie down and keep both your hands on your thighs. Inhale and raise your head with your shoulders. Now raise your legs too. The body should look like a boat as shown in the picture.
- Remain in this position and breathe. Now as you exhale, repeat this process at least 3 to 6 times.
- It is beneficial to do Dhanurasan after this Asan.
- It strengthens the intestines are decreases constipation, gastritis, obesity.
- It’s beneficial in respiratory and heart problems.
- It’s beneficial in back problems.
Pawan Muktasan (Air Releasing Asan)
- Lie down and bring your right knees to your stomach.
- Clasp your hands on your knees and as you exhale, press your knees to your chest and raise your head to touch the knees with your nose. Holde your breath out and remain in this position for 10 to 30 seconds.
- Straighten your legs and repeat his 4 to 6 times.
- Repeat the same process with the other leg. In the end, repeat the whole thing with both legs, together. This completes one round.
- Repeat this for at least 3 to 4 rounds.
- It is very beneficial for gastritis.
- This is also beneficial in reproductive problems.
- It is also beneficial for heart disease and back ache.
- It decreases stomach fat.
- Its advantageous for people with slip disc and sciatica.
- Lie down and bend your legs towards your hips.
- Hold your ankle with your hands.
- Inhale as you raise your lower and median back. The shoulders, the head and the feet are supported by the earth.
- Lower your back as you exhale. Repeat this 3 to 4 times.
- This keeps your belly in focus giving you stability.
- Its beneficial in back and stomach aches.
- This Asan is helpful in Dysmenorrhea, infertility, Leucorrhea, Metrorrhagia.
- It is beneficial for people suffering with Nightfall.
- Go to Padmasana Position and and lie down on your back with the help of your hands.
- Bend your neck backwards as you keep your back and chest raised.
- Hold your toes with your hands and rest your shoulders on the ground.
- Inhale and hold your breath in.
- Come back to your original position.
- It is advised to do this asan after Sarvangasan.
- This asan is very beneficial for the stomach. It decrease the problems of constipation.
- It activates the Thyroid, Para Thyroid and the Adrenal gland.
- It decreases cervical problems and problems related to the bone.
- It addresses the problem of an aching belly and respiratory issues.